Saturday, August 28, 2010

Duck Egg Delicious

The bedroom is the first room on the rota for redecorating and boy, am I excited! The bedroom is a square box really, with a big open window on the sunny side and two small wall spaces where our clothes live. I want to turn it into a more calming, cosy room, as right now it's magnolia and beige beige BEIGE!...
We've (and I can say We because I gave Matt 4 colours to choose from :P) chosen this beautiful shade from Crown Paints.
Mmmm, classic Duck Egg.

I was really surprised Matt picked this shade out of the 3 blues (and one handsome grey) that I chose because originally I'd dreamed of a Duck Egg Blue room and put it away in the "He'll never agree to that" pile...but look! He picked it himself, woo!We're going to add a long shelf just above the bed to act as a bedside table, as the current bedside tables are our drawers and that makes the whole closet duo look a terrible mess. Unfortunately we also have to have the computer desk in the room too but I'll look into minimizing that too, its such a space hog. I'm thinking laptop myself. Then we could have a nice reading chair in the corner with a side table.The whole room will need repainting and a lot of the plastering will need touching up. New curtains and hopefully a new pendant light will make their way into the budget along with more pictures. Luuuuverly.

Here's a bunch of shots I've been using as inspiration, they're from my tumblr lookbook so I'm not sure where they are from, apologies.




My dad described my style today as luxury and while I can agree with him (what is better than good linen and plush settings?) I'd like to move into a more handmade style.

We're either going to ikea this month or next so doing the bedroom has been put off for a couple of months, but either way, I can't wait to get started on my first room...

No comments:

Post a Comment